Parent Engagement & Expectations
On behalf of Oxford English School, we would like to ensure that parent involvement is encouraged in and outside of our school community. To achieve this, it is important for parents to be aware of what their children are learning at school.
At Oxford English School, we constantly aim to:
- To work with parents in an atmosphere of mutual respect within which children can have security and confidence.
- To provide support and guidance to parents as educators.
- To value the contribution parents’ make towards their children’s learning.
- To provide parents with information about our school policy and procedures before their child starts.
- To work with parents in building up a profile of their child’s development and needs.
- To provide guidance, advice & resources to support home learning.
Expectations of parents throughout the school:
- Parents are expected to support and reinforce the school rules and policies at home. The school expects parents to attend parent-teacher meetings, school events and workshops.
- Parents or other persons are not allowed to speak to the students or their teachers during class hours/ during transitions without the permission of the administration or school management. Appointments may be made before hand to interact during a teacher’s free period, with the approval of the School Management Team.
- Parents are expected to co-operate in the work of the school by enforcing regularity and discipline and by taking general interest in your child’s progress.
- Parents are expected to encourage their child to speak in English at home. Parents should take keen interest and initiative for the academic development and fluency in English within their households to maintain the school’s standard for the language.
- Parents are requested to cooperate and assist if possible, with the school in all its activities and initiatives in the best interest of their children and the successful outcomes of the school community.
- Parents are requested to give us your feedback, suggestions and comments through our school suggestion box or surveys which is available in the admin area.
- Parents should ensure that the children attend school on time and regularly.