Key stage 2 (Years 3 to 6)
Key Stage 2 includes the primary years, Year 3-6, for students between the ages of 7-11. Our Year 3 classes are mixed with girls and boys, but our Year 4, 5 and 6 classes are completely segregated.
Students follow a programme of study based on the National Curriculum of England.
This Key Stage covers 4 years of learning. Our goal for our children within this period is to become proficient in all their major subjects as great care is being taken to develop the students in preparation for Secondary School.
Oxford English School believes so much in the overall excellence of a child thereby it encourages different programmes and activities in order to improve students in all aspects. We follow a student centred curriculum across the school, but with more emphasis in KS2 to ensure we produce lifelong learners who take ownership of their learning. Our subjects are integrated and language enriched.
There are varieties of educational, but fun filled activities as well, which are all geared towards improving the students holistically. Amongst these are the Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Go Green, International Day, Sports Day, Quran Club and OES Kidz TV just to mention a few.
Programme of Study
Programmes of study set out what teachers should cover in every subject in each Key Stage according to the National Curriculum of England.
There are also some general teaching requirements, which are expected from all the teachers and which apply to all subjects taught in the school. Teachers are expected to be versatile in the following areas:
- Their efficient use of the language
- Having good understanding of the subjects being taught.
- Using information and communication technology (ICT) effectively in conducting their lessons
- Following health and safety guidelines within the classroom and during break time
- Providing teaching from different viewpoints for all levels of learners in order to stimulate students enthusiasm.
OES academic programme for Key Stage 2 includes:
- English language
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Arabic language
- Islamic Studies
- Qatar History